A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

Friday, June 20, 2014

The Scent Of You

Your scent lingers on my mind
Perfume in the cavities of my brain
Defying limitations of space and time
Teasing me like a children’s game

I smell your skin and feel your breath
Every moment of every day
Years, distance, not even death
Will change the way I feel today

I remember your lips
Imagine myself in your embrace
Dream of the taste of your kiss
And long for the sight of your face

From your forehead all the way to your feet
The many hours and the kisses spent
How can someone smell so sweet
Skin usually doesn’t have that scent

The smell of you lives in my memory
Your taste, your voice, your laugh familiar
Clouding my perception of all that is sensory
Nerve endings tingling to be where you are

_________

No comments:

Post a Comment