A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Hope Is Where The Heart Is (4)

It's that time again.  We leave tomorrow for another trip to Boston.  It's funny the mixed feelings I have towards that city!  On the one hand, every time I have headed that direction, there has been a sense of anxiety and dread.  On the other hand, they saved my husband's life there, so the city of Boston will forever have a special place in my heart.

It was one year ago that they removed the tumor and Scott became "cancer free."  Aren't those beautiful words?  Six months ago, we heard those same words, and we'll hear them again on Monday. 

Being sure we'll hear good news doesn't lessen the anxiety...or scanxiety.  It's a strange mixture of feelings itself.  On the one hand, I have absolutely no doubt that the results of the scans will be good, Cancer Free!  But, on the other hand, I am still terrified.  Scanxiety, indeed.

But, we have Love!  Love makes us strong, love is strength.  
We have Faith!  Faith and belief that the best is yet to come
And we have Hope!  Hope is Strong!  Hope Is Where The Heart Is!
Hope, Love and Faith all together are unstoppable! 



Read more about Scott's story, and our story of HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment