A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Resolution

In going back through some of my old scribbles I came across these two poems. The first one, "Resolution" was written a long time ago at a time when my life was in major chaos. I had made a complete and total mess of not one, but two relationships, moved three times in six months...you get the idea. I had run off to Florida with a couple of girlfriends for a week just to get away, clear my head, try to gain some perspective. We were in St. Augustine, and went into a little store in old town called Crystal Goodies and Friends. It was a cool little metaphysical shop. On the counter right at the entrance was a basket with a sign that said "Take a Blessing." In the basket were little cards with a single word or blessing printed on each. The one I pulled out said RESOLUTION. It seemed very apropos. ~


RESOLUTION

I went in a store and it said "Take a blessing."
I shuffled the cards, I was only guessing.
When I came across one that said "resolution"
The meaning of which is to reach a solution.
So I put it in my pocket for future musing,
Knowing it was mine because life's been so confusing.
Between who, what and where, it's gotten too involved;
There's nothing I need more than to have it resolved.

Now all my belongings are in proper containers,
And I've got an apartment on a retainer.
I'm making the first step toward independence,
I can't take any more of this serving penance.
It's not really any great revolution,
But thanks to whoever granted me my resolution.



~This next one was written a little later that same year, after I had reached some sort of resolution and was trying to move on with my life and realizing that life would go on....


LIFE GOES ON

The sun warms my face
And I feel happy today.
I feel good in my own little space,
Knowing I'm doing things my own way.
The sun feels good heating my skin
And I look around and smile.
I may not know what's about to happen
But I know I'll be alright for a while.

Cats are fighting
And people are dying
But life goes on and on.
Ball games are being played,
And history is still being made,
And life just keeps going on.

The sun warms my face
And I feel glad to be alive.
Where I am isn't such a bad place,
And I finally know I'm going to survive.
The sun's in my eyes and I start to cry,
But I don't even know what's wrong.
Sooner or later we are all going to die
And in spite of it all life will go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment