A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Word Dancing

About a year and a half ago, I wrote a song called "Word Dancing."  I posted the lyrics on here back in June 2013 as "My New Song."  Since I don't play an instrument, the music that accompanies my words can be heard only inside my own head.  Earlier this year, my brother Mark and I were discussing song writing and I had mentioned having a couple of fully written songs in my head that needed to come out.  He volunteered to take a stab at writing the music for me.  So, several months ago, I sent him the lyrics for "Word Dancing" along with 2 recordings of me singing it a capella (bless his heart!) and here is what he did with it.  I am so tickled with his interpretation.

So, give a listen to our first sibling collaboration song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment