A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I Had A Dream

I think I had a dream or a vision
Or maybe I saw it on the television
They were rioting in the streets again
When will the poor people learn they’ll never win

The police shot another unarmed black kid

One side is full of contrition
One side stands by its convictions
It’s only when the fights begin
The people start to understand

They have no voice and they never did

It seems I’m having that same dream again
I watched as the fighting and crying began
Some marched in the streets chanting hands up don’t shoot
Some yelled and encouraged to burn and to loot

The police shot another unarmed black kid

One side demands justice for all
One side stands above the law
Until they’re made to pay for their sin
And look past the color of their skin

People will rise, the light of peace will be hid

I heard a great man say I have a dream
He tried to tell the people what it means
Tried to teach and preach the path of peace
Ushered in equality and sweet release

Then the police shot another unarmed black kid



_____________

No comments:

Post a Comment