A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

A place for my scribbles...poems, songs, stories, musings and ramblings.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Put on your big girl panties...

Sometimes it just sucks to have to be a grown up.  I tend to think I'm a super woman, but today I had to admit my limitations.  After many tears this morning, I had to admit to myself, and then to my girls, that I am physically not able to make DIVA Fest this week.  The only way to make it work would be pushing the drive up and back in one shot deals, almost 12 hours of driving each way, and cutting it down to just a few days.  That wouldn't give enough days to recover from the long drives, not to mention not allowing any time at home to pack and prepare the house to leave next Monday and be gone for a month.  It just isn't physically possible.  But, I can't believe I'm missing our 10th Anniversary.  So, I'll cry a little more...ok, probably cry a lot more; then probably get drunk...ok, I will definitely get drunk.  But I will do the responsible thing and admit that I am needed for other purposes this summer and I'll do what needs to be done and then life can get back to normal.

Staying home this week is the right thing to do for Scott too.  He has been so sweet insisting he wanted me to get the girl time in before everything started in Boston.  But, I really wasn't feeling right about leaving him all alone during his last week at home.  I feel much better about being home with him this week.

So, I'll pull up my big girl panties and be a damn grown up.
I'll be missing my girls this week; I'll miss dancing to the DIVA anthem. See you next year beautiful DIVA's!  All I wanna do is have some fun...




No comments:

Post a Comment